Sealife Sea Dragon Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is 2x 2500 lumens, I would take a look at the OrcaTorch D910V 5000 Lumens Video Light for Underwater Photography which would give you 2x 5000 lumen, or 2x 2000 lumen with longer battery life.

The other brand that I have found to be good for bang for buck is BigBlue, have used some of their 15000 lumen lights etc.

I've never had a lot of success with Sola lights and they are quite pricey

Thanks for the reply. I have some now ageing Sola 2000 lights and they've been great. Tested them the other day and getting 30 minutes on full power (half the burn time vs new). Probably heading towards an upgrade or battery replacement. As you may know, the batteries can be removed, but they don't slip in and out easily. As per my other threads, thinking about my forthcoming trip to Egypt and negotiating airport security.

Thanks for the reply. I have some now ageing Sola 2000 lights and they've been great. Tested them the other day and getting 30 minutes on full power (half the burn time vs new). Probably heading towards an upgrade or battery replacement. As you may know, the batteries can be removed, but they don't slip in and out easily. As per my other threads, thinking about my forthcoming trip to Egypt and negotiating airport security.
I would probably give the Orcatorch's a go - certainly far cheaper than the SeaLife one's you mentioned. If you can get BigBlue for the same price then I would get those - their batteries are easily removable and anyone can tell that they are a battery as they look like a battery...

One thing I would suggest with BigBlue is don't get one of their torches that has more features than you need - if you don't need Red & Blue light then avoid the ones that have them - its a pain in the butt using the switch to cycle through them all - and a real pain in the butt to get the right presses to turn the damn thing off!

If you really want to get something into Egypt that is not allowed then the best way is to smuggle it in via Sudan... oh wait...

Cheers. I'll have a look at the other lights you recommended, but living at the arse end of the planet means that choice is often limited and some overseas retailers won't ship here for some reason. I suspect it's just too much hassle for such a small market.

Cheers. I'll have a look at the other lights you recommended, but living at the arse end of the planet means that choice is often limited and some overseas retailers won't ship here for some reason. I suspect it's just too much hassle for such a small market.
There is an Orcatorch Forum here on SB with manufacturer representation so you might be able to get that question quickly answered. I don't know for sure but I think that Orcatorch ship from Honkers so you should be able to get them to ship to the Shaky's from there.
BigBlue are represented in Australia by Adreno and they ship to NZ - if they have any of these left they are a pretty good deal - Bigblue CB10000P Multi LED Torch or else they may have some others in their range that suit - https://scubadiving.com.au/collections/torches?_=pf&pf_v_brand=bigblue

You are probably already aware - but if not then you are probably eligible for the Egyptian eVisa which saves you some pfaffing around when you land - Egypt e-Visa Portal - and departing Cairo is no longer like the fall of Saigon either like it was in the 80's - you just need to allow 3.5 hours or so to get through the multiple security checks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom