SeaLife Sea Dragon mini 600 light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonhall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wanted to share my experience with the dive light. Have been using a SeaLife LED video/dive light for several years. Used a SeaLife strobe for many years prior to and in conjunction with the video light, but it eventually fell apart. The last 2 years, I have only used the video light. Before one of my last trips, I decided to add another light to use with my SeaLife DC1200 to add more lighting to my pictures. Chose the Sea Dragon mini 600 for the easy mount to the camera housing, cost, and multiple applications.

My first use of it was in Oct/Nov of last year. At some point on the first days of diving, the cold shoe mount (that allows for mounting the light directly to the camera housing) developed a crack in which a piece of the plastic eventually broke so the light could not be secured in the mount. Therefore, I couldn't use the light anymore on that trip. Found the part on SeaLife's website. It would have cost about $7-8, but I decided to call and explain what had happened. I received great service over the phone and was sent a replacement part at no cost.

Diving this January, after my very first dive, I found that my mini light had disappeared. Although I tightened the light in the mount, and by its design, the mount should have been wedged into the camera housing, it still somehow came out and is now at the bottom of the caribbean somewhere (or someone else is using it as a dive light.)

In hindsight, I should have tethered the light somehow to the camera tray, a thought that actually ran through my mind, but one I didn't act on. It was a pretty good little light for the 4-4½ hours use I got out of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom