SeaQuest Balance noise from inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tnole23

Registered
Reaction score
at the end of the inflator with the buttons and mouthpeice, it's making a noise like a ball rattling around. it's the stock inflator, no airsource or anything like that. everything works fine.

any one experience this as well or know what it might be?

apparently it's normal, from aqualung/seaquest tech help...

"that clicking is just slack in the lever. it will not effect the inflator in any way and that is normal. there is a range of opening effort for inflators and regulators so that particular inflator is low in the range. so there is slack. it can be easily adjusted if you want by a service center."

"That rattling noise is from the demand lever tapping the purge valve."

i would take it back to your service center espeshaly if it is newer. i have an aqualung lattitude xlt and my inflator does not do that at all i would be worried that your quick dump wont work properly due to the cable being to loose but that is just my oppinion

i would take it back to your service center espeshaly if it is newer. i have an aqualung lattitude xlt and my inflator does not do that at all i would be worried that your quick dump wont work properly due to the cable being to loose but that is just my oppinion

is the quick dump pulling on the inflator hose to deflate the bc? cuz that doesn't work, so that could be an issue to get fixed. i could swear i've deflated my other one by pulling it like that.

is the quick dump pulling on the inflator hose to deflate the bc? cuz that doesn't work, so that could be an issue to get fixed. i could swear i've deflated my other one by pulling it like that.

yes the quick dump works by pulling the coorigated hose slightly and air should come out of the top of the hose. I looked at the balance on the website and it should have this feature. if this isnt working that could be the rattaling you are hearing inside. and if it is broken and you need parts aslong as you have done your yearly service you should only have to pay labor not parts
good luck hope this helps

I have a balance and mine definitely doesn't make that sound. I agree with getting it serviced, if nothing else just to have peace of mind that someone has looked at it and confirmed what the tech support said. On another note, I've never used the quick dump on my inflator hose. I always use the dump valve string on the bottom of the wing or just the normal release button if I'm vertical for some reason. I guess I'm just afraid I'll rip the dang thing out if I tug on it too many times.

Back
Top Bottom