Seaquest Patriot BCD, good??? bad???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhatAnIdea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I'm interested in a Seaquest Patriot BCD for a number of reasons. 1) It's back inflated 2) It has 50lbs of lift 3) It's economical.

If anyone has used this BCD please let me know what your thoughts are. Is it a good BC? Does it deflate evenly? Any problems?

Thanks,

WhatAnIdea:
Hello,

I'm interested in a Seaquest Patriot BCD for a number of reasons. 1) It's back inflated 2) It has 50lbs of lift 3) It's economical.

If anyone has used this BCD please let me know what your thoughts are. Is it a good BC? Does it deflate evenly? Any problems?

Thanks,
I have one an AQUALUNG Patriot is that what you mean?? It has 50 lbs lift back inflate blah blah.... I dont think if would buy this one again it has great lift but if your in horizontal position the air shifts from side to side and i have to roll back and fourth to get the air to equalize and at the surface it wants to put your face in the water. Thats my opinion/experience.

McDiver:
I have one an AQUALUNG Patriot is that what you mean?? It has 50 lbs lift back inflate blah blah.... I dont think if would buy this one again it has great lift but if your in horizontal position the air shifts from side to side and i have to roll back and fourth to get the air to equalize and at the surface it wants to put your face in the water. Thats my opinion/experience.

I have had the same experience as you. I purchased this BCD a year ago, and I am very disappointed. The air-slosh while in the horizatonal is a major annoyance especially in tight spots. It is a major distraction. I have also noticed the face down tendency at the surface. This could be a safety issue if you were incapacitated. I submitted an email to Aqualung to see if they have any fixes for it. I am waiting for a response.

I have a diffrent brand of BC that is also back inflate with a huge lift capacity. I used to think I just have poor bouyancy control, but I have been diving for eight years and have come to realize that it is most likely the style of BC. When a back inflate BC has a huge lift vcapacity it will slosh air from side to side due to all the extra room in the bladder. During a photo shoot, I used a surround inflate BC (Seaquest Lattitude). It was extreamily comfortable and I did notn have the air slosh effect. It is also very reasonably priced considering the features it has.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom