Seaquest pro qd+ how secure are the integrated weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought mine second hand about a year ago, it has a couple of dives on it. 56 dives later, it is still like new, no problems whatsoever with the weight releases.

I added in a stap snap buckle to my velcro Pro-QD and it releases just like the new ScubaPro system. You reach down and pinch open the snap-buckle and then pull the velcro attached weight off.

Since this time of this improvement I've had at least a hundred dives on this BCD and have had no accidental releases...

Hey dr, could you post some pics of your mod? That sounds very interesting and I am always up for a useful mod for my BC (I should probably post my crotch-strap mod for the ProQD, which works quite nicely). Maybe some other folks here would appreciate that kind of weight-locking system as well. Mine are the newer snap-ins, but I'm sure it could be adapted.

Hey dr, could you post some pics of your mod? That sounds very interesting and I am always up for a useful mod for my BC (I should probably post my crotch-strap mod for the ProQD, which works quite nicely). Maybe some other folks here would appreciate that kind of weight-locking system as well. Mine are the newer snap-ins, but I'm sure it could be adapted.

YaquinaBay

DSC05608.jpg

DSC05603.jpg

Last edited:
I've done 35 dives with my Pro QD. Lost one weight pouch when jumping off a boat, probably due to operator error, and didn't notice right away. I suspect the SureLock wasn't fully engaged. It didn't turn into a problem, as the lost pouch only conained about 40% of my weights which was offset by the almost full tank. I got an extra 2 kg from a DM and completed the dive as planned.

I've started checking the pouches before and after I jump into the water, but I'm not at all concerned. They do not fall out accidently underwater.

I have tried numerous times and I can't get the images to post from photobucket. Please help. I selected the image icon and copied the url, but it still doesn't work. Thanks

Go To MORE and then GET LINK CODE and select the following:

IMG for bulletin boards & forums
FULL SIZE

Copy the text that is in the box next to the FULL SIZE and then paste that here in a post. Then the picture will show up.

Go To MORE and then GET LINK CODE and select the following:

IMG for bulletin boards & forums
FULL SIZE

Copy the text that is in the box next to the FULL SIZE and then paste that here in a post. Then the picture will show up.

Thank you, I posted a couple of pictures above in my original post.
drdaddy

hi bought a second hand seaquest pro qd + and have used it for more than 30 dives . i like its profile, big pockets and integrated weights pockets

i have had virtually no problems with this bcd but a post about integrated weight problems got me thinking.
so i was wondering what other owners of this bcd have ot say about its integrated weitght pockets safety and durablility.

cheers

Hey rab1412000:

I bought a new Pro QD in 2001 and it had just the velcro holding the weight pouches in. I lost two pouches on separate dives, and then after the second loss and subsequent replacement, I ended up installing button snaps on the pouches and BCD. This worked extremely well and it wasn't too hard snapping the pieces together once the pouches were installed. Location was key. I placed the snaps as far forward as possible so that when I needed to remove them, my initial pull would not be inhibited by the snaps. The placement also helped with allowing me to use the maximum capacity of the pockets.

Eventually, I got tired of the heavy and cumbersome BCD and switched to a weightbelt (I got so many blank stares and questions, "you have a WI BCD. Why the weightbelt?") and finally switched to a backplate and wing and an occasional weightbelt. Now no worries.

I hope this helps and good luck.

With kind regards,
Thomas

Back
Top Bottom