Seaquest Pro QD vs. Pro QD Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetPro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am fairly sure I am going to buy a Seaquest Pro QD. I did a search and found a lot of good info on the board. Thanks.

I have found a Pro QD (not Plus) for a good price but I am trying to figure out if I should opt for a Pro QD PLUS from Leisure Pro instead. I can't determine any real difference between the two. What makes it a Plus?:confused:

Thanks
NetPro

The ProQD and ProQD+ are almost the same. The ProQD was replaced by the ProQD+ in 2002. A few cosmetic updates were made, 3 grommets were added to the left pocket, and a "+" was appended to the name of the old ProQD.

I have the 30th Anniversary ProQD+. I like it alot.

ifukuda is right. There's not a lot of difference. For example in the left hand pocket there's a hole so you can fit a bungee to hold your console.

I'm very pleased with my QD+. I think it's got around 80/90% of the pro Unlimited for about 60% of the price.

I think they also changed the back pad on the QD+ and added more lumbar support. But other than that and the other things mentioned...there really isn't much difference. If you found the older style at a good price, I would say SNAG it! Everyone we have sold one to (either version) was completely happy with it. I think, for the price, it is one of the best buys around!

Thanks for the help - I just got the Pro QD (not plus) like new condition for $200.

The QD is for my 2nd son. We have 2 ScubaPro Accents with AIR2s and would like to keep our gear like regulators and alt air sources consistent if possible.

Does anyone know what is involved to put an AIR2 on one of these? It looks like I would have to replace the inflator hose.

Will the inflator/dump valve attached to the BC have to be replaced as well? Is there a kit available? Can it even be done?

I may go to my LDS for this but I would like an idea of what's involved before I get a quote.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom