Search Function Not Working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tried a couple of searches this evening and kept getting the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /usr/local/www/data/includes/functions.php on line 468Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /usr/local/www/data/search.php on line 796

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /usr/local/www/data/includes/functions.php on line 468

Marc

Congrats :)

You have discovered a bug :)

I can replicate this bug and just did using either the normal search or advanced search for the term "scuba"

I'm guessing and it's only an educated guess that you searched for a term with a lot of matching data in what I will call the search index and the script is running out of memory as it tries to parse the results and or it's trying to parse the results in a less than efficent manner. Many other searches will continue to be fine but this still needs to be fixed by the developer. NOTE: the search index I speak of is over 1 GB in size.

I replicated it 4 times a few minutes ago and get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12 bytes) in /usr/local/www/data/search.php on line 951

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Please make sure that TA sees this post when he returns and thanks so much for your post.

Dive safe and don't search for "scuba" :) but DO search for other stuff.

Steve_S:
Congrats :)

You have discovered a bug :)

I can replicate this bug and just did using either the normal search or advanced search for the term "scuba"

I'm guessing and it's only an educated guess that you searched for a term with a lot of matching data in what I will call the search index and the script is running out of memory as it tries to parse the results and or it's trying to parse the results in a less than efficent manner.

You're right. I got other searches to work, but the ones that kept failing had the word "dive" in it as I was trying to search for "dive quest" and "epcot dive". I guess there's more than a few posts with the word "dive" in it. :wink:

Marc

I have had prblems when I tried to do a search for Jet Fins since jet is only three letters long it disallows the search. How should I go about searching for something like this? I do not want to offend anyone with repeat questions.

Mitten Diver

You can try searching for jets, or even 'jet*'. The indexing of 3 letter words with a site this size would be a little too large.

I would suggest that you put words into quotes for phrase searches. I tried "jet fins" as my search criteria and was promptly produced a slew of results to choose from.

If your search produces more than what you expected, you try something such as: "jet fins" + "comfort"

Back
Top Bottom