Search Results too Liberal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padiscubapro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I havent said anything hoping things would be fixed as the software was revised, but I'm now fed up..

The search function USED to work properly, but its now broken.. its way too liberal..
I need to search for posts talking about ANDI.. It used to only return them..
now it returns hits for
and I
andy
and so on.. Can this be fixed?

I'll look into a solution for you. It may take some research.

In the meantime... you can search Google.com by using "site:scubaboard.com" at the end of your search query.

Thanks for your patience.

Just to update you... I'm still looking into this.

Our search - which is greatly improved in response time, and performance is now "too good"

Our search is not the standard vBulletin search, but an addon optimized product that we purchased. I have spoken to the developers as there is potentially a way to add quotes to your query to make search results match exactly your string. To do this however, some modifications must be made, so please have patience.

Thanks.

My attempt to change the way the search works have so far been unsuccessful. I don't know if our internal search will work the way you wish it to work.

Sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom