Seasonal Divemasters Wanted at The Florida Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanatos

Registered
Reaction score
Come join our dive master team. We are hiring for Seasonal positions working 5 days a week during our Summer season. Salary is $9.50 per hour. This position works with our dive team creating memorable experiences for our dive guests.

Position Description:

Florida Aquarium Dive Masters are responsible for performing all interpretive educational dive programs to include daily dive shows wearing a full face mask in our Coral Reef exhibit. Divemasters support this program as both diver and surface tender. Guest Dive Experience programs provide a dynamic opportunity to inspire our guests by providing them an in-water diving experience. Both Dive With the Sharks (For certified divers) and Swim with the Fish (for non-divers and certified divers) are conducted with a priority on guest safety, customer service and a quality, educational experience. Dive Masters will perform the functions of safety diver and greeter in a rotational capacity. Dive Masters also support our exhibit maintenance program in the form of working diver and surface tender. All Florida Aquarium dive programs are conducted to ensure that all programming presented is engaging, innovative and effective, as determined by evaluation, and in direct support of the mission of The Florida Aquarium.

Requirements:
• Minimum Dive Master Certification or equivalent from a internationally recognized SCUBA training organization
• Current certification in First Aid, CPR and Oxygen administration
• Good presentation and public speaking skills
• Previous experience diving with sharks preferred
• Previous experience working with children’s water safety programs a plus

Benefits:
• Partial reimbursement of annual agency membership dues (example: NAUI, PADI, SSI, etc...)
• Two (2) 3mm wetsuits upon hire. (one time benefit - additional suits must be purchased)

Hello,

Do I need to be us citizen to apply or would you process a work permit?
Jeremy
Switzerland

So where do we send resumes/fill out applications?

wow, 9.50 an hour.... Good thing I like diving. Hopefully My retirement will allow me to do this kind of thing, I am sure that is within the budget limits of the aquarium

We have now filled all of our open Divemaster positions. Thank you to all who applied.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom