Seasports? - GC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba6262

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have experience with Seasports on Grand Cayman? I'm hoping to avoid the cruise ship dive operations. We'll be in GC in October 2007.

Thanks!

No experience with them but since you've got a lot of lead time you can see if you can hook up with some of the Ebanks clan. Last time I talked to Ashton he was running an operation at Stingray City. At on time his brother was still operating his dads boat the Queen Angel. Ebanks on Cayman is like Smith in the states. The dad Clint Ebanks used to live here in Mobile, AL many years ago and worked in the shipyard. A qucik search gave me this:

Clint Ebanks Scuba Cayman
PO Box 746 GT Phone: 1-345-947-4049
Fax: 1-345-949-6244

Also Bob Soto and Don Foster have been around a long time down there.

Check this link: http://www.cayman.org/scuba/

Try Jason with Ambassador Divers. Great guy..small operation:)

I used Seasports last year while on a cruise. Nice dive operation. They will probably pick you up on 7 mile beach, so you will need to get a cab to the pick up point. I did two nice dives with them. Small boat, small group of divers. You are allowed to dive your own computer's profile. They will get you back with time to spend an hour or two before you need to get in the tender line.

Loved SeaSports - Butch is a class act. We dove with him on a cruise last December and it was still to this day one of our best dive experiences. We happened to be the only 2 on the boat and we did not book a private charter.
Definitely check him out and avoid the cruise rush.

Seasports is under new ownership. Greg and Karen run the operation and are the divemaster and boat crew. They are a small outfit with great service. We dove with them in January of 07 while on a cruise and had a great experence. They leave at 10am so there was no need to rush and they get you back in plenty of time to have lunch and board the ship.

You can dive your own profile and have input on the dives you would like to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom