Seaventures trip to Key Largo - any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scousegentleman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Guys,

Seaventures of Alpharetta, GA, (http://www.seaventures.com/) have a trip going to Key Largo in March. Has anyone been on one of their dive weekends and what are they like?

I want to find out if they go to good places for shooting underwater video before I shell out the cash on the trip.

Thanks
- S

I'd probably wanna go by that shop and get to know the people there before I went on a trip with them. Just hang out for awhile and get to know the staff, ask them about the trip, where they'll dive, who they'll dive with, etc.

Thanks,

If I decide against going are there any other shops you would recommend?

- S

South East scuba in Loganville goes often and has a full bus conversion they drive with galley, head, and bunks. The owners name is Bill and the Bus is called the coral cruiser.

Scouse, my wife and I went with SeaVentures to the Keys last September, and had a fabulous time.

The staff (Alan and Mike joined us, however, there are many more, all good people, that we've met through the dive shop itself) were great: friendly, entertaining, professional, and have megayears of diving experience to share.

We did the trip down (and back) in their sleeper bus, which does the trip overnight, saving us driving time, and not having to worry about losing dives with 'no-fly' time if we had flown. They booked us into the Ramada in Key Largo (very nice/convenient), and we dove with Rainbow Reef dive ops. (However, this can change depending on final destination: Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, etc.).

The dives themselves were great, including Molasses Reef, French Reef, The Spiegel Grove, Benwood wreck (nite dive), etc. We loved every one of them, and enjoyed eveyone that came with us. We saw turtles, sharks (grey reef and nurse), lobster, parrotfish, trumpets, cudas, grouper, rays, on and on... No lack of video content...

The diveshop is one of the best equipped that I've seen, from both a training and servicing perspective. I wouldn't hesitate a moment before making another trip with them.

Back
Top Bottom