seavision purge masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

first seavision mask had purge, no issues, no irritation, didn't rub my nose, second seavision mask did not have purge valve per my preference, but still cleared well. The reason i got the second mask without purge was because my SO managed to lose her seavision mask purge valve underwater while trying to equalize. now full disclosure she was new OW certed and may not have been equalizing properly or thinking about the purge valve, but after having to chase down a clear purge valve drifting away at speed for her i will get my masks without since it is still easy to clear. may have been a one off and continue to really like seavision's masks but that was a surprise to me and especially her.

My Seavision been doing fine. I did lose a purge valve underwater but it was a US Divers mask. In that instance I suspect I was pinching too close to the valve when clearing.

I have used Seavision masks with purge for 15 years with no problems. Just got a new one with purge since I had eye surgery and no longer need the gauge reader feature of my previous Seavision masks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom