Second-stage hose connection spanner size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all. Exactly what is the correct A/F spanner size for the second-stage threaded hose connections that screw into the ports on a first-stage? The ones l have on my Aqua Lung Titan first-stage seem to differ between 14mm and 9/16". One even is 13.5mm (what is that in imperial size: 17/32" - crazy size! ) Does it differ from manufacturer to manufacturer or whether you're in Europe (metric) or the US? (imperial) I'm wanting to put a small tool kit together and as such am wanting to get some spanners (wrenches), Allen keys (8mm?), etc together in case of emergency, etc. Cheers

I keep a couple small adjustable wrenches in my travel tool kit for that purpose (and any other needs), easier to deal with than keeping up with the various sized wrenches needed for my franken reg collection. Much simpler than attempting to standardize the hoses.
Imagine a scenario where you are on a dive trip and need to buy or borrow a replacement hose, Murphy's law would likely dictate that the hose you receive would need a different size spanner than what you carry.

Back
Top Bottom