Securing Shears in Sheath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got a some Dive Rite EMT style shears and they came with a nice sheathe with the belt loop. That's all fine and good but theres's not much to keep the shears in the sheathe except light friction. Any suggestions? Of course it need to be quick to remove what's works for you?

Thanks,
Pete

Actually, I don't use a sheath at all; I clip the shears in one of my leg pockets with a double ender clip. Much more secure.

gfisher4792:
Actually, I don't use a sheath at all; I clip the shears in one of my leg pockets with a double ender clip. Much more secure.

Same here!!

Tavi:
Same here!!

Okay gfisher4792 & Tavi, that makes sense and my BC has some accesssory females just waiting. Do you throw anything like a rubber band around the business end of the shears so they don't take a bite out of anything?

Thanks,
Pete

My DiveRite shears sheath has a 1" velcro flap with a small D ring on the end of it, I thread this flap through the larger of the two handles and stick the velcro to the outside front of the sheath. I also cut off the little clip on the back and thread the sheath through my webbing on my wasit belt.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
My DiveRite shears sheath has a 1" velcro flap with a small D ring on the end of it, I thread this flap through the larger of the two handles and stick the velcro to the outside front of the sheath. I also cut off the little clip on the back and thread the sheath through my webbing on my wasit belt.

Mark Vlahos

Ahhh I see what happened! I ordered from DR express without looking carefully. What I got is what they show, fair enough. It is not a DiveRite item. I thought that was implied but my mistake for placing a quick online order. I can correct for it quicker than I can exchange and repurchase.

Time to play Red Green, or is it Tim ToolTime Taylor?

Pete

Tavi:
My shears don't open that easy. I have seen divers put the business end of their shears in a short piece of tubing.
Tubing or hose protector works when you have it in a pocket. Also gives added friction when it's in the sheath. I zip tie a little bolt snap to the handle so If I do use them, I can clip of to a d ring and not have to worry about slipping it back in the sheath or pocket.

Well here's what we did based in Tavis post.

I had some 1/2 X 3/4 Vinyl tube left from making my spring straps. It so happens that the business end of the shear firmly slips into the tube with a nive firmness. I added through holes to one end of the tubing and connected it to an atachment with a 1 inch ss ring. it hangs close and is usable with a little tug. Slips back in just as easy.

Thanks for the ideas.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom