Seeking advice (thickness again)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cosmographer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been trying to figure out what thickness to get, and considering my low number of dives, I have limited experience as to what my tolerance is.

What I do know is that I got cold diving in the Seychelles in late December in a 3mm full suit. I didn't have a dive computer at the time so I don't know the exact temp, but according to research, it ranges from 78F to 86F. It was raining a lot, and even above water, the temp was cool, so I'm guessing we were near the lower end of that range.

On the other hand, on a recent Thailand trip where the water was around 83F, I was warm enough to ditch the wetsuit completely and went in with shorty rashguards.

So I'm a bit confused as to what the right suit for me would be. 3mm sounds pretty standard around here, but that Seychelles experience has got me wondering. Maybe a 3mm with the option of lavacore or something like that underneath if i start getting cold?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom