seeking divers local to Perth / West Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

el-ninio

Contributor
Reaction score
a couple of good freands of mine, both experianced divers and very nice people are about travel over to OZ for a while. they intend to buy a used car and travel some of western cost, and hop into the water here and there. They will be taking dive gear, and they hope to grab some nice shore dives without a guide.

So far, they have not been able to locate much information about dive sites, dive shops, conditions and the such via the net. they are looking for an active forum frequented by local divers, or an email contact of someone willing to help.

(BTW, the above mentioned couple are know to be faivored by Neptune, and tend to see things that others somehow manage to miss, such as Whale Sharks in in eilat (see http://www.pbase.com/manta_ray/whale) on a shallow shore dive, long out of the season. I try to dive with them whenever I can manage - it's allways rewording)

so, if your from Perth and would not mind sharing some info and having someone buy you a beer in the local hotel when they finaly hit your pathch in the reefs, please email me.

thanks,

matan m@ntaray.oz.sbfor.ninio.org

Did you manage to get some info about Perth? I am afraid I don't live there at the moment, and didn't dive when I did, but I CAN tel you there are lots of good diving spots. In particular Rottnest Island, not far off the coast, then further up the north there is Ningaloo reef famous for swimming with whalesharks. Hopefully thee few names will give you some more search options.

If they have any particular q's about Perth please PM me.

:tinker:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom