Seeking photos and details for Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowDidIGetIntoThis?

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in search of more detailed topside photos for Cocoview and Inn of Last Resort than are shown on their websites or than I've been able to find on ScubaBoard.

Not that it would be a deal breaker when deciding to go on the trip, but I'm trying to determine if any of the accomodations have private decks with hammocks and enough of a southern exposure that one can soak up the sun w/o trekking out to the dock.

Second question pertains to the size of the bathrooms - which has the more counter space and the largest showers, so that when Herself spreads all her stuff out there is still room for me to get into the room?

Lastly, they both appear to be ideally suited for the level of luxurious rustic that we are seeking. Which is better situated as a base for land-based outings? The island looks really interesting and we'd like to do some sight-seeing. It would also be nice to be able to visit a few other restaurants. Is it equally easy to arrange vehicle rentals from either location? Is there anywhere else we should consider, given that diving is #1 priority and #2 barely registers on the scale?

Thanks for your help.

We have only been to Coco View so I can only answer your questions on them. All of the accommodations have a private balcony, but they are not really condusive to getting a tan, mainly just for napping between dives. Your best bet for rays is the decks off the clubhouse and hotel. The beach cam (http://www.cocoviewresort.com/cam.html) shows you the one off the clubhouse. Check out the CocoView chat room at http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv. A lot of the chatters there will post pictures and/or send you some of theirs.

The bathrooms in the hotel rooms are smaller than the rest of the choices. We have stayed in all three and prefer the cabanas over all else. The cabanas have two beds and lots of shelves that we can spread out our stuff. Give Herself the extra bed to spread out on. Bungalows are nice and big, but there are only four of them.

CCV is an island and you have to arrange for a boat to the mainland, then a taxi. The office staff is very helpful here. Most of the chatters will not recommend a rental car, taxi’s are much safer for you. CCV has a Thursday night dinner out to Gio’s or Romeo’s, I’ve heard both are great. When we go back in May, we will check them out. The food at the resort hasn’t given us a reason to go anywhere else.

If you want to dive, dive, dive, CCV is the place. If you don’t want to do the scheduled boat dive, you can shore dive anytime. It is not unheard of to do six dives in a day there. Food is good, the bar is well stocked. You will enjoy it, trust me. We've been diving about 2.5 years now and will be going back for the third time in May.

Back
Top Bottom