Sept 17 &18 Underwater Archaeology Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
For those of you who may be interested, I wanted to mention that there is still space in the Underwater Archaeology Class being offered at Blue Stone (through Blue Dolphin) this upcoming weekend. I've taken one other class with this instructor and she is a lot of fun. The instructor is a local professor and also leads trips to other locales where folks like to "dig stuff up" - you'll definitely get some good tips on your buoyancy control in addition to the other skills covered in this class.

This class is open to divers with an Open Water certification.

Underwater Archaeology Class from what agency, university, or institute?

hoosier:
Underwater Archaeology Class from what agency, university, or institute?

Gosh, to tell the truth, I'm just taking it for the "fun" factor. But that is a good question.

The dive shop should be able to tell you if you will be eligible for a specialty certification through any of the agencies. Blue Dolphin 336.760.9226.

I'll see what I can find out tomorrow and update the thread.

I spoke with Blue Dolphin this morning and they confirmed that this course is recognized by PADI as a Specialty and that students completing the class will receive a certification. Right now they expect that 4 more students can take the class.

Final times for the class will be announced later this week, but they expect 10am to 2pm Saturday and Sunday should work for everyone. Course fee is $135.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom