Sept 18th, 19th, 20th Divers Supply Keys trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm!
Guess I will not be going. Several divers have asked questions but nobody responds. Do not understand why good ideas for diving are posted. But the comunication and details are not followed through with?

We were just following the directions from the original post. Stopping by the shop isn't an option for me but diving in the Keys is.....

Your advice to call Dave at the shop won't work either because "Dave's not here" :D (borrowed from Cheech and Chong)

Have to agree with the fellas here. It was over two weeks from the original post date before a reply was made. If DS is sending you out of town for that long sign me up :wink: NVM - GA - yea no :tongue:

Additionally I have to agree about going into the shop... If people are going to get friends on board for the trip, the "friends" aren't always going to be around the corner from the dive shop.

Just some thoughts for the future.

Last edited:
You guessed right, I'm in Macon, Georgia at the Divers Supply headquarters, training. Have been for a few days and will be until this Friday. I only get to play on the internet in the evening at the hotel for a few minutes before I crash for the night.

Pisces - Depends on what dives you do. But you should be able to get credit for 2 or 3 dives from AOW if you get the skills for those dives completed.

Rachel - I've been waiting on word back about the dives only price, but as I said, I've been out of town and haven't talked to the person I need to speak with for that answer.

If your in Macon can you please slap Richard, and Brent around for me. :wink:

If your in Macon can you please slap Richard, and Brent around for me. :wink:

Richard will actually be here in the Tampa store today hooking up some new equipment in the fill area.

I got screwed.

Kyle left, and screwed me!. The Key Larog dive was cancelled at last minute. I was left hanging.
My Nitrox Class screwed.
My Advanced Diver plans screwed.
My plans made for a dog sitter to watch two(2) dogs, for 3 days ($100) screwed.
My plans for a Keys' trip screwed.

However, DiveBandit is going to making good.

Regardless, of Kyle's thorough screwing of my money and my plans, I'm going down to Key Largo tomorrow( Friday-Sunday), for the weekend, on my own, for some diving.

Hope to find Kyle at some future TBD dive shop. I'll explain my displeasure at that time.

I got screwed.

Kyle left, and screwed me!. The Key Larog dive was cancelled at last minute. I was left hanging.
My Nitrox Class screwed.

Regardless, of Kyle's thorough screwing of my money and my plans, I'm going down to Key Largo tomorrow( Friday-Sunday), for the weekend, on my own, for some diving.

Hope to find Kyle at some future TBD dive shop. I'll explain my displeasure at that time.

:shocked2: Details please. And how are you getting your money back? Also who are you diving with in Key Largo?

I got screwed.

My Nitrox Class screwed.

I will be in Key Largo diving this weekend with my GF. Call Chris at 305-451-3252. I have not went with them before, but I've heard good things. Here is their website:
Dive with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida

We are still on the fence about a night dive on Saturday or going to Key West but are going to do a wreck (no pen.) and reef dive Sat morning. I think it is $75 with air + $12 for EAN up to 40% if you want it.

I will be in Key Largo diving this weekend with my GF. Call Chris at 305-451-3252. I have not went with them before, but I've heard good things. Here is their website:
Dive with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida

We are still on the fence about a night dive on Saturday or going to Key West but are going to do a wreck (no pen.) and reef dive Sat morning. I think it is $75 with air + $12for EAN up to 40% if you want it.

I dove last month with Silent World, I thought they were a pretty good OP. To be fair I have only dove with the Amy Slate cattle boat before, SW was a great op, they gave me 1 hr dive time each dive, depth and tables permitting.

Even ran a special boat trip out to the Eagle for just my wife and I when too many swallow divers showed up and called off our douple dip on the Spiegel Grove.

I used them on the recommendation of Spear Girl.

Have Fun!

Joe

Chris @ Silent World is fantastic. Also you may see SpearGirl/Becky up there. She has been helping them out some.

I'm pleased to report all is well. Dave (Dive Bandit) is a "Stand up Guy". Divers Supply of Tampa is in great hands with him at the helm.

A month ago, on one day, I paid Divers Supply of Tampa $770 of my hard-earned money. Kyle, the Asst. Mgr a that time, took my money $$$$, and promptly left the company. I had paid for Advance Certification classes, dive trips and text books. My plans, and my money were screwed!

Thank you to Dave S (DiveBandit). He has made good on all commitments. He has personally committed to fulfill the commitment to fulfill all the classes and dives.

For this, I am a committed customer of where ever Dave (DiveBandit) works, like Divers Supply of Tampa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom