Sept/Oct in Tobago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brannanjoe

Reaction score
Just got back from a week in Tobago (our first...def. not our last trip). Stayed at Eco-Adventure Lodge (isolated, lovely place outside of Plymouth....a bit removed from diving and dining, but worth the rental car and driving to dive and dine given the location and atmosphere). Dove with ExtraDivers....whom I picked because they dove both coasts....very professional, good service, no price hassles. The diving could have been better as viz suffered quite a bit from rains on S. American mainland, but the reefs are in awesome shape and the viz often suffers this time of year in Tobago. Did 10 dives in 5 days (six out of Crown Point and 4 out of Speyside), saw maybe 10 turtles, 4 eagle rays, NO mantas, beaucoups little fishes, most bizarre (I named it the Rasta Raggamuffin Nudibranch) nudibranch doing a strange free swimming "wriggle dance", 4 nurse sharks, a couple of other "out there" reef sharks of some kind, and great masses of schooling fishes of various kinds.
In our experience (I dive, wife doesn't but snorkels and birdwatches), Tobago offers the best combo of underwater and on land natural beauty and activities. We're going back in the spring when the viz is better and the fruit trees are in bloom. Seriously thinking a week in Charlotteville and a week back at Adventure-Eco Lodge (ok I spelled it different both times, I think this one is right). Would be happy to share our experiences with Tobago trip with anyone that has questions, but the wife has instructed me that I WILL be editting video first.

cheers
Joe

Back
Top Bottom