September '05 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on nabbing "The Monument". We were out Thursday night, but didn't have any luck finding it.

This was my first night dive at Vets (2nd total there...first was certification). I was amazed at the variety of life around. I saw at least 4 octopus, buncha blenny, sole, sheep crab, decorator crab....

It got cold after about 20 minutes of that (thermocline was at about 45fsw) and headed up where it was warmer and we couldn't see.

Spent the safety stop playing with the bioluminescense, watching blue/green bubble clouds head for the surface.

Great night for a dive...

ChrisA was the buddy...Thanks!

HBDiveGirl:
Down we went to find "The Monument". Bang, target acquired...critters everywhere:9 or 10 octopuses coiled in compartments, scorpion fish, little rockfish, ocean white fish, sea stars. My compliments to the DiveVets dudes and dudettes who have solidly anchored all the cinderblocks together with cleverly knotted line. Great habitat.
Sounds cool. Forgive me if this has been covered in other threads, but to find this subaquatic edifice it's -- at a depth of about 65 ft? Straight out from the stairs, or do you have to turn? Any other navigational hints?

I was there at Vets Park on Wednesday afternoon, and with the red tide it was the darkest day dive I've ever done - even with the sun in the sky I could see the biolum at 30' by moving my hand in the water. (I had to get that low to see my hand at all). It really seemed like a night dive.

...and the gear lost there in my rescue class last weekend is still missing... :sad_2:

Thanks for the reminder, Radinator. I'm going again tomorrow morning and will watch for lost gear. Just to double check, that was about a 7-pound lobster that you lost, right???
03.gif
I'll get right on it....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom