September in Phoenix: have to dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all AZers. I'm in Phoenix in September 2008. I'd like to dive in AZ, since I've not been diving there before. (I've done New Mexico and Nevada, just missing AZ and UT for a desert diving sweep).

It would seem like Lake Pleasant (or Lake Low Viz in September????) would be a start, plus where exactly in LP are you all diving? Where's 10 boat ramp for example (just looking at park map). Shore diving is good, I see there's a dive boat Scubateers as well.......Or if there's some other location at that time......

I'm also looking to rent tanks and weights. Shop suggestions? :DA buddy would be great, too...

I know, low viz, etc, I'm used to diving in low-viz, cold water of the Great Lakes, so that's not a problem. The water will be WARM! I just like to dive, you see....and my ultimate goal is to dive all 13 provinces and territories and all 50 states and territories....

Well, by all means we here in the Valley of the Sun will do our part to help you meet your diving goals. If it is on a weekend, I'll be happy to meet you at the lake. The 10-lane boat ramp is on the west side of the lake. Keep in contact as the time for your trip gets near. We'll be giving condition updates almost weekly. Go to Arizona Maps - Phoenix Maps - World Maps. :: Wide World of Maps and look for Lake Pleasant Lees Ferry Fish-n-Map for a great map of the lake that shows a lot of the underwater topography. See you soon.

Steve.

Thanks, ScubaSteve2000! It will indeed be a weekend....cheers!

If your looking for BP/Wing rental or doubles rental let me know

Go to Vista Point in my opinion much better then the boat ramp. Mind you Scorpion was the best out of them all. Anyways The boat ramp area gets way to crowded on teh weekend, I dove Vista every weekend pretty much by myself and my buddy for over a yeaer, very seldom did we ever meet anyone else there, it was like our own little secret. May be people were just scared of the boaters, they do tend to be a bit nuts there. Think they just give them keys to a boat and say go full throttle and hit all the red flags with the diagonal line. Anyways just come up on the shore and you will be alright, as it seems the enforcement there could give a crap about the safety of the divers at the lake.

Anyways have a good time in the southwest I was there for 3.5 years and I just moved to Alberta, kind of regretting it a bit, but I needed a change from Arizona. If your looking for a decent shop to get some fills from, send me a pm tired of reading all the bithcing and whining going on in this place about shops, mind you it has quieted down lately.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom