Service techs: what rental gear tends to hold up the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The R195 is no more. Now there is the very new R105.

Is this true? The NA catalog shows both the R195 and the new R105.

Is this true? The NA catalog shows both the R195 and the new R105.

The latest EMEA price list and catalog says so. The website doesn't reflect the latest information.

The latest EMEA price list and catalog says so. The website doesn't reflect the latest information.
Not sure how I feel about that. In a non-pneumatically balanced second stage I would prefer the larger diaphragm of the R195/R190. Thanks for the info.

Does the R105 have the glass fiber Nylon 6 housing like the R195? I know I go on about that and most do not even know or care but take a Scubapro R/G reg and smack it on the deck and it will just look at you, like bud why did you do that! Do that to an AL and you will need a new one.

Not sure how I feel about that. In a non-pneumatically balanced second stage I would prefer the larger diaphragm of the R195/R190. Thanks for the info.

I am trying to understand the difference and why the R105 is considered an improvement over the R195 from SP's point of view.

OP, you might look at some Mares regs and the Deep 6 stuff as well. And lurking in the Shadows, there is Sherwood.

I’m behind the times and the newest reg I have is a MK2 that I bought new in 2001 or ‘02. It came with an R190. So you have to excuse my ignorance.
But not needing to buy any new Scubapro regs for so long also tells you of their longstanding durability and quality. It’s not my fault they’re that good and I haven't needed to buy anything new for so long. Maybe I should have picked a crappier brand?
What is the difference between an R190 and R195? And now a 105?
I do know the difference between an older MK2 and the newest MK2.

I’m behind the times and the newest reg I have is a MK2 that I bought new in 2001 or ‘02. It came with an R190. So you have to excuse my ignorance.
But not needing to buy any new Scubapro regs for so long also tells you of their longstanding durability and quality. It’s not my fault they’re that good and I haven't needed to buy anything new for so long. Maybe I should have picked a crappier brand?
What is the difference between an R190 and R195? And now a 105?
I do know the difference between an older MK2 and the newest MK2.

The R105 appears to be really a S105 as it has a small housing? The R190 and R195 is mostly cosmetic. I like my R190. Problem with the R190 is that when I pair it up with supposedly superior second stages it kicks their collective rears and simply performs better:

The Mk 2 now Mk 2 Evo (which is improved in fact) really seems under appreciated by many reg geeks, of course that defines a geek :wink:. The Mk 2 simply works, always and in fact out performs many balanced first stages and even at depth. It is all most people would really ever need and it is do dirt simple.

Mk 2 vs. Mk 2 Evo:

Smaller and a replaceable orifice, yes, it is better, good job Scubapro!

Anyone with atomic rental experience?

I currently have 2 sealed first stage Z2s in my "training" equipment fleet. No issues and very reliable. I just have to explain to my students how to rinse it properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom