Servicing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My solution is a pair of yoke regs and a pair of din regs - and a pair of pony bottle regs and others.

Yep, so much easier to have regs for each set up and occaision. And with the prices on some it's not as hard to do. For example you don't really need a 500 cold water rated reg 1st and 2nd for those vacation dives in the Caribbean of less than 100 feet. You can save some money and get a balanced diaphragm reg set just for travel with lightweight seconds for under 400 bucks new for the whole set. No need to go out and spend 700 for just a first and second that the average diver would not be able to tell the difference in anyway.

You can save some money and get a balanced diaphragm reg set just for travel with lightweight seconds for under 400 bucks new for the whole set. No need to go out and spend 700 for just a first and second that the average diver would not be able to tell the difference in anyway.

Or you can save some more money and spend $100 on a MK10/D300 and have a better performing regulator than pretty much anything currently made. Or $75 for a MK5/109. Lots of great used regulators out there and mostly regulators have not improved in decades.

Or you can save some more money and spend $100 on a MK10/D300 and have a better performing regulator than pretty much anything currently made. Or $75 for a MK5/109. Lots of great used regulators out there and mostly regulators have not improved in decades.
Ignore my ignorance, but those are Scubapro's right?

I believe I know which MOD you are talking about. I think I'll try posting a thread to see how it goes. I'm sure it will be a great disaster.

Are there any other companies that have the information available to service their equipment, with parts readily available to general public?

What do I need to look at as far as used gear?

What is YOUR recommendation? Brands to stay away from? Generic brands (like sea dive masks, it seems everyone has their own copy)?

Sorry I'm a pain. I'll buy you a virtual beer later! :drunks:
hook, I've been out for a couple weeks and just saw this post. Here is a link to a post I made about buying used gear that I (perhaps not so humbly) think is quite helpful.http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...ying-used-discriminating-shoppers-primer.html

As for companies that supply info, someone already posted the link to frogkick (or whatever it is) and vintage double hose, both of which have tons of info on most of the major manufacturers.

I personally haven't dialed in to one particular manufacturer. As of right now I've bought Scubapro, AMF/Voit, Dacor, and a couple others for my regs. I happen to like the metal body second stages but all the old first stages tend to have fewer ports and are bigger/bulkier/heavier than the more modern equivalents. This isn't particularly good or bad, in my opinion, just fact. It is something to consider when you're buying used gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom