Servicing power inflator - loctite question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Romko

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

It is time to use my DSS power inflator tool!!! I watched video posted on DSS web
several times. Everything is very well explained (Thanks Tobin).

I am just a little bit confused about the "loctite" to use for power inflator button. Which one would be the most apropriate for this particular application. As a reference I would like to use this link:Loctite Consumer Retail Products | Loctite Catalog

Regards,
-Roman

Last edited:
Blue thread locker is the more easilly removable one.

Hello All,

It is time to use my DSS power inflator tool!!! I watched video posted on DSS web
several times. Everything is very well explained (Thanks Tobin).

I am just I am a little bit confused about the "loctite" to use for power inflator button. Which one would be the most apropriate for this particular application. As a reference I would like to use this link:Loctite Consumer Retail Products | Loctite Catalog

Regards,
-Roman

All the cartridge valves I've disassembled have remnants of what appears to be red thread locker, but it may not be Loctite Brand.

I'd be surprised if either the green or blue is no adequate. There's no much torque on this part, you just don't want the button to work loose.

Tobin

I have always used Blue and never had a problem. The Red appears to be the more permanent of the 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom