Setpoint during fast decent, what do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you had taken any half decent training, you would know.
No, I don't know what dil my instructor uses. On training he used what he had to use for the course. No idea what he normally uses for his private dives. And I don't care.

21/35, pO2 1.3, 52m. There is nothing I would call "narcosis". If this produces narcosis I'd probably use Heliox.

Keeping low SP down to 35 will prevent O2 spiking, that's what I have learned from this discussion. I find 21% OK for 52m.
This is a violation of accepted gas density, which is a topic it seems your instructor doesn’t mention or you are negligent in learning about. I’m still not certain you’re certified on your unit, as some of the modifications and most of the questions do not make much sense.

I find 21% OK for 52m.

That's the problem. I'm brand new to CCR and yet I know the stuff ppo2 your using for diluent and ppo2 your running at is just dangerous.

Are you sure you got ccr certified? If do another class and get a refund for your previous one. Probably your basic nitrox and AN as well.

This is a violation of accepted gas density,
In fact I ve never heard about gas density or accepted gas density. What kind of limits do we have here?

Accepted END according to GUE is extremely severe, I don't belive in it at all. Is accepted gas density comparable?

I’m still not certain you’re certified on your unit, as some of the modifications and most of the questions do not make much sense.
He might have done a mod1 or crossover for his current unit but no training beyond that. IMHO, it's very apparent that he hasn't done any reading on the topic or is diving with trained people either. Not caring or knowing about o2, desinty and END at the same time is quite the feat. He might be saving enough money on He to get ice cream after the dive though.

and yet I know the stuff ppo2 your using for diluent and ppo2 your running at is just dangerous.
I don't think you "know" it is dangerous. You repeat what you were told.

According to GUE END>30m(?) is dangerous. In fact it is not at all.

I survived the last hundreds CCR dives. Was it dangerous? I don't think at all.

By the was, last week I was diving in Sardina at 63m on CCR. The other divers used 21/35 or 18/45, OC or CCR. No other gas was used.

He might have done a mod1 or crossover for his current unit but no training beyond that. IMHO, it's very apparent that he hasn't done any reading on the topic or is diving with trained people either. Not careing or knowing about o2, desinty and END at the same time is quite the feat. He might be saving enough money on He to get ice cream after the dive though.

Gas density was covered in my mod 1.5. Ppo2 limits was definitely covered and 1.6 is only for BO gasses. Run unit at 1.3, diluent limit is 1.0 is what I was taught.

In fact I ve never heard about gas density or accepted gas density. What kind of limits do we have here?

Accepted END according to GUE is extremely severe, I don't belive in it at all. Is accepted gas density comparable?
I can't fix your lack of belief in math, research, and physics, but here's the data for the rest of the viewers of this thread:

TL:DR don't dive gas densities above 5.2g/L

Back
Top Bottom