Seven Skies in mid November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wima

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been offered a 4D livaboard trip to Seven Skies at a quite reasonable price. However, the trip in mid/late November, which is off season at that side of the peninsula. Is there any idea going there at that time, visibilitywise, or should I rather spend my money going to Thailand.

- Wima

Don't be too worried about the monsoon. It certainly hasn't started yet and most of the boatmen around Mersing seem to feel that this year it will start late and be fairly mild to begin with.

I was out that way this weekend and the sea was as flat as a pancake.

Mantas and whale sharks at the Seven Skies last weekend and the one before - good compensation if the water should become a little bouncy.

Confirmed for a LOB to Seven Skies / Anambas at the beginning of November myself.

Going with Vincent Dive Centre on their new boat MV White Manta over the Deepavali weekend (7 Skies/Anambas/Aur)

Hi,

Anambas/7 Skies is a bit unpredictable. I have been there 3 times, it all depends on your luck. You might get super calm waters in November. Personnaly, I will go.

On my first trip, I saw 2 whale sharks at the oil rig. 2nd trip was terrifying, storm and huge wave. Saw 4 mantas at 7 skies on my 3rd trip!!

Enjoy nd may the mantas be with you.

Liang

Liang once bubbled...
Hi,

Anambas/7 Skies is a bit unpredictable. I have been there 3 times, it all depends on your luck. You might get super calm waters in November. Personnaly, I will go.

On my first trip, I saw 2 whale sharks at the oil rig. 2nd trip was terrifying, storm and huge wave. Saw 4 mantas at 7 skies on my 3rd trip!!

Enjoy nd may the mantas be with you.

Liang

:eek: you saw 2 whale sharks at the oil rig on ur 1st trip and 4 mantas on ur 3rd trip :whoa: ... u are so lucky.

I have never been there yet. But I would love to go there next season.

so can anyone advise when's the best time to go there ??

thanks in advance .

aamalcolm once bubbled...
Going with Vincent Dive Centre on their new boat MV White Manta over the Deepavali weekend (7 Skies/Anambas/Aur)

How was the trip? See anything interesting?

I saw your boat at Udang Oil Rig Alpha :D , guess you know which boat I was on... yeah a lot smaller than yours :(

For us, we saw Manta at Damar Island (small island visible from Seven Skies Wreck), and at Seven Skies Wreck itself... Other than that, nothing much really, except the usual barracudas, jacks, etc... no whale shark :(

Manta at Seven Skies at about 53m down.

Lots of barracuda and tuna at both rigs.

Good trip - mostly calm seas, plenty of fish and not too much rain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom