"Shadow Diver" vs "The Last Dive"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This came up on TDS shortly after Shadow Divers was published -- I think that Chatterton or Kohler also posted on the thread... None of the info or speculation posted on this thread so far is in any way new or interesting...

ReefHound:
Chatterton has specifically answered this question before on the DSD boards. He says Shadow Divers is correct. So, I don't think anyone would want to allege that Chatterton is lying about it, and as for "disremembering" it, if there's one overriding them of Chatterton's life is that he is meticulous and detail oriented.

I worked with Rob Kurson extensively on Shadow Divers, and Bernie Chowdhury interviewed me for Last Dive.

The Shadow Divers account is correct according to the best of my recollections. I consider Bernie a friend (I just spoke with him two days ago), and I think Last Dive is a great book, but he is incorrect in describing my dialog with the USCG.

The USCG could not leave Chris Sr behind according to their own procedures. A doctor needed to pronounce him dead, and until that happened, they could not leave him behind in order to give Crissy a better chance.

He also adds "Rob Kurson wanted confirmation of every detail before including it in Shadow Divers."

Well, that settles the matter as far as I'm concerned. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom