Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to download The Last Dive, it will pass the time sitting on the plane next week.

I really enjoyed Shadow Divers. It's a mystery story and an adventure, full of strong personalities, and very educational about how people research unknown wrecks. It's extremely well written.

Having met and dived with several of the "personalities" in the book, I can vouch for it being accurate - in addition to well-written - in that respect. The book also does capture the ethos of the NE/NJ wreck diver of that time... much of which carries through to this day.

I think there is less bravado and testosterone these days, as I think a higher proportion of us are better, more formally trained now then back then. That said, some of the "personalities" in the book - who are ostensibly better trained since then, and even instuctors now - are still a bit of a mess in the water, technique-wise.

Even though a book is almost always better than the movie (and I loved the Shadow Divers), I love to see the movie be made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom