Shallow seas of Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trigger-F

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I made this compilation video for anyone who is interested(mostly macro, from BHB, FLA Keys, Jupiter and Pompano B.). TY.

<iframe src="" width="1920" height="1080" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" title="Shallow Seas of Florida"></iframe>

Very nice. I really enjoyed the close up view of so many tiny creatures.

Some nice stuff in there.

What's your macro set-up look like? Did you use a tripod in those high current footages?
The macro lens I use is an Olympus 60mm with the GH5S, but also use a +7 Dyron diopter at times. And yes, I use a tripod, I have an Aquatica AGH5 housing and made a tripod out of ULCS strobe arms(attached to a tray on the housing). Some of the footage is with a Sony RX100V with a Nauticam CMC-1 diopter. It's impossible to keep these cameras steady without a tripod, especially on small stuff.

How do you keep the tripod and camera weighed down in high current? Just go negative buoyancy and hold the rig down manually? I guess you have a game plan figured out beforehand, obviously.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

How do you keep the tripod and camera weighed down in high current? Just go negative buoyancy and hold the rig down manually? I guess you have a game plan figured out beforehand, obviously.
The camera setup is negative with that tripod/video lights etc, so it's pretty stable underwater, even in moderate current. I also use an OMS bcd with a 5mm steel backplate and 4 lbs of extra weight, so it keeps me planted when needed.

Beautiful

Great videography. Love it!
DCS videos??? Very unfortunate name…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom