Share your Southern Ontario shore access dive site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underH2Oman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I with a few other divers have been out exploring local waters to see if we can find a couple more dive sites that may be of interest. While we have an abundance of small lakes in the area many do not have public access. Many of the ones that do have access tend to be shallow with low vis, but we are not going to let that slow the exploration.

If you know of a local body of water that might make for a possible dive site, we may be willing to go explore it so please share its location.

Our goal is to share any sites that some might dive, eliminating those that have nothing to see due to lack of anything to see or if conditions make visibility zero.

Here is a small lake located just south of Kinloss on Hwy 9 between Walkerton and Kincardine.

Entry can be gained through the Silver Lake tent and trailer park. I would expect it to close over the colder months. While there is not much on the bottom there was an abundance of bass and freshwater clams. Here is a rough outline of the lakes contours.

silver lake.jpg

The only Ontario shore dives I've done so far are well known ones you've likely already been to. The Tugs at Tobermory, the old CSL docks in Sarnia, and the Welland River from Kingsbridge Park (I actually really enjoyed that one, nice drift dive with a fair amount of fish life to look at.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom