Shark hoax at "Jaws" filiming location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoomi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Getting back on topic; it's not just Spain that is having this problem. Martha's Vineyard just had a big-freakin'-shark hoax, too.

Nothing like trying to stir back up thirty year old shark panic...

Police: Man made up Martha's Vineyard shark tale - Yahoo! News

I'm no expert, and I think it would have made me suspicious to hear someone claim to have seen not one, but TWO Great Whites measuring over twenty feet.

It would be possible that two exceptionally sized sharks would show up in the same area at the same time, but it makes for a dubious story at best when the boat they were supposedly viewed from does not even exist. One of the rules of a believable lie is to not include specific details that are easy to verify...

:rofl3:

They're just blowing off the whole story?? Boy, thats how that movie got started. Next thing you know a bunch of kids are getting eaten.

um, just kidding

I always relish telling divers that one of the dive sites here we dive often was the site of some of the location filming for the original Jaws. Of course I only tell them AFTER the dive, and make sure I let them know that it was just some of the mechanical shark scenes that were filmed there.

I heard Spielberg went out there to check it out and unfortunately hasn't been heard from since!

spielberg1.jpg

Anyone have any information please contact Hollywood. "Coast to Coast AM" is also interested in the rights to the story! It sounds like a Conspiracy!!! http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Have fun!
Carolyn:sharks:

There once was a shark from Nantucket...

Do you think that sharks have movies about giant people finning them and starting great scares in the deep blue??? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom