Shark Tooth Festival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fossilbabe

Fossilbabe
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just wanted to remind everyone that this weekend is the shark tooth festival
Here is a link to where the event is
Venice Shark's Tooth Festival
Happy collecting and be SAFE

I headed over to the shark tooth festival on Sunday and it was a nice little festival. Nice selection on fossils and a couple or artists that had very cool pieces.

I did find it surprising that there were no Dive Shops or Shark tooth dive charter business's advertising though.

I was there on Saturday. Well I will have to tell you the cost of one of those booth is two weeks of a pay check. It use to be a lot less but they keep raising the price every year. The first 8 years I had a booth but it is gotten so costly I havent been able to afford it any more. I would have to sell a lot of shark teeth to make the cost of the booth. I really like to keep most of my teeth. :crafty: In the past other Charter boats,dive shops used to have booths. They really cracked down on the vendors in the last couple of year. If your not selling shark teeth of some sort you you dont get under the tent. If you want to sell artifacts,charters,t-shirts,dive equip, you might get away with it this year but they may not invite you back next year. The really have a strict guideline when if you want to be under the big tents. What they have told me in the past. What they are trying to do is keep it from being like a big garage sale. I guess in time they will see that it is all works in hand and hand,and maybe the charters and dive shops can afford and be invited to have a booth. I'm with you and want to see more vendors under the big tent or very close by as well. Maybe in a few more years they will come to see it .

I have to agree with you. Its sad,but maybe one day they will see the light. It is just a matter of time. Happy hunting and be safe.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom