shark video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Robin:

Nice video. One of these days I'll have to do a shark dive.

Nice job,

I've got video of that shark with the pilot fish in front of his mouth also. I guess it's not surprising as I was there a couple weeks later. Your feed looks like it went better than ours, it was over fast and someone silted up the site accidentally so I've got close in footage of the sharks that looks like we're in a blizzard.

Great video!

the shark feed was interesting but not great for photos or video. And personally, it isn't something I really want to do again. I am not opposed to it, I just enjoyed swimming with the sharks on all the other dives in their natural environment and observing and filming their natural behavior. The shark feeds are very artificial in a way.
as a beginner in video, I found that a liveaboard was the best way to learn. Being able to do 20+ dives in 6 days really does give you a chance to make mistakes but get right back in the water an hour later and try again until you get it right. I HIGHLY recommend liveaboards for learning and improving skills of all sorts! My husband was learning still photography (my still camera I had been using for 3 years) and by the end of the trip I feel like he had learned more than I had in the 3 previous years!

robint

robint:
as a beginner in video, I found that a liveaboard was the best way to learn. Being able to do 20+ dives in 6 days really does give you a chance to make mistakes but get right back in the water an hour later and try again until you get it right..... robint

Hey Robin you are doing great for someone with so little experience. You picked up the editing real fast.

Although I've been doing UW video for years, I am still a big time beginner. My actual # of dives is pretty low since I am a vacation only diver.

I agree with you 100% on the liveaboard. I have to add that shore diving is another way to get a ton of dives and experiment with video/photography. My recent shore diving trip to Curacao was great. I think in a way, shore diving can be even better for learning since you can play around and experiment in 10 feet of water.

I look forward to seeing your next movie. :D

I have to get back to cleaning up my Curacao 1st drafts. :coffee:

Cool! robint, that was really good! You must be a natural.
sjspeck:
I've got video of that shark with the pilot fish in front of his mouth also. I guess it's not surprising as I was there a couple weeks later. ....
That shot looks like the shark is just toyin' with that li'l fella! Stayin' right behind and breathing down his neck... I mean... gills. :D

Did you see, right before that, where the bubbles seemed to scare one of 'em? They came rising up from under and tickled his belly........ you can see his reaction was kind of like.......:11: what the heck was that ?! :D

Great video. Glad to see some more divers out there experiencing such wonderful dives with these majestic creatures instead of promoting the typical fear and apprehension the general public expects when it comes to sharks. Thanks for posting the video.

thanks everybody,
I really enjoyed swimming with the sharks. It was really more fun than I ever expected. Before this trip we had only seen nurse sharks so it was quite exciting to see reef sharks and so many at that! They were all quite interested in us, very curious as to what we were doing, so they would circle around and come back over and over, or just make large circles around us getting closer and closer each time. I almost expected them to whip out cameras and take pictures of us! LOL

robint

Back
Top Bottom