Sharks: Bahamas or Belize ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go with Stuart's Cove, and do the shark dive you will see sharks, but not in their natural environment. But rather milling around wanting to be feed, which they know happens EVERYDAY at the same time and same place. Other than the shark feeding dives, I never saw a shark on other dive sites, and I have dove about 30 dives there.

Diving in Belize, I did see a couple of sharks, like a previous poster said, Nurse Sharks, but at least she was in her natural environment. "She" even stayed around for the whole dive, during the surface interval, and on the second dive. Dove the "Blue Hole" didn't see any sharks, but was told that was rare.

Good luck on picking a local.

In Andros @ Coral Caverns there's about 5 Sites that you'll see sharks, without a feed, EVERYTIME....... they are only reef and blacktips, but they are always there..

I just got back from diving Belize- saw several sharks on the Blue Hole dive including a bull shark, although rumor had it that some of the operators who were already there had chummed for them. Oh, and I cut myself and was bleeding so maybe that helped...

Also saw a nurse shark on a different dive in Belize. I have dived the Bahamas also and saw sharks there too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom