Sharks - blackbeards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In a word... GO !! nobody has to dive every dive nor are you obligated to do the 'shark dive'. I went in December and enjoyed the whole trip. We didn't do the 'shark dive' but enjoyed seeing Nurse sharks on occasion. I'm going again later this year. Your daughter will love the trip

I agree, GO. You will see sharks on other dives, some more so than others. Often you will see none, sometimes you might see 5, but I found that will the exception of the shark feed dive, the sharks generally don't get too close to you. If she doesn't want to do the shark feed dive, she can easily sit it out, but if you really want to do it, make sure to buddy up with somebody who also really wants to do it. It's an experience and definitely a bummer if your buddy thumbs the dive as soon they're allowed to. (happened to me, but not because my buddy was uncomfortable with the sharks.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom