"Sharks saved my life"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No doubt the general experience wasn't fabrication, just many or most of the details. Hard to know also what effect editing might have had on the end result.

Must say I find it hard to believe someone with a few seasons diving in the UK would get freaked out in the Red Sea. Walk in the park by comparison but perhaps she wasn't used to the depth. All sounds a bit fishy to me :)

At least she quit diving after that experience. Seems like that may have been the right thing for her to do.

Seems like the only thing she did right.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

As this story is obviously more of a "yarn" than an accident or incident, I've moved it from A&I to this forum, the home for "yarns & tales."
Rick

I dislike dogpiles.....where one takes a bite and then the rest mindlessly pile on. That is what I see this thread digressing into. This young lady is alive....that is somewhat important. There may be underlying factors we are not aware of. I give her credit and cudos for having the guts to write up her experience, although frightful to her.

I wish her well, and hope that in time and with some support and training, she will dive again.

Back
Top Bottom