Sharks seems to be timid at this time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiko

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wondering. Last summer I read some threads about several people got sniffed by a shark. But the closer we get to wintertime, the sharksniffing seems to calm down.

Is there an explanation for, or is is just "the way it goes".

Not that I enjoy reading about people getting eaten or killed by sharks, but there wasn't that much hassle in the sharkforum going on...

As usual, just wondering...

Don't know if there is a shark sniffing season or not:D

Maybe either less people are reporting the encounters or with the change of seasons there is a behavior change or territory change for the sharks where less encounters are happening

Must have something do do with the change of season I guess, because I can't imagine that people would not report any attacks. Because it's BIG news, and news sells...
But on the other hand, people do dive all year around and shark do so too. So the odds of beiing eated or sniffed by a shark must be the same, not depending on what season...

I know, life is strange... ;-)

Oops... my mistake...there was some sniffing involved as I just read in a thread.
I hope the sharks didn't read my first thread eyebrow

Some old time fishermen claim that when the moon is just beginning it's full stage, and the normal currents quiet down or change direction, and the water temperature is divisable by 2, and the month starts on the 1st, and AOL has a special for 1000 hours free, and coffee no longer is iced with whipcream for $6, Then and only Then, will sharks begin their sniffing season!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom