Which ops do daily boat diving these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TabeaK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning a trip to Curacao in the spring - first for us.
We will likely stay in a rental that has a local dive op for shore diving, but runs no boat.
While we plan to do some shore diving, I am very fond of boat dives, especially 2 tanks or even more to break up the schlepping of gear a little bit.

I know it is blasphemy to some here, but even in our many trips to Bonaire we also do at least 10 boat dives for the same reason. :)

Now, with Curacao I am really struggling to confirm which dive ops run daily boats. Ocean Encounters seem to do, but you have to go to Lions Dive or Sunscape.
Coral Divers would be closer to where we will most likely stay, but I cannot confirm if they run a boat. Their website indicates they might, but several threads on here say they don't - still waiting on a response from my contact attempts..

Any other ops I should look into? I am really looking to pre-book a few days of morning boat diving to mix things up. Also read about Klein Curacao and wondering if it is a must do dive-wise just like Klein Bonaire is.

I'll be making my first trip to Curacao in April. So I'm curious what others recommend.

My research suggests it's worth driving to Westpunt, boat diving with Go West (Watamula trips daily except Wed & Sat), then shore diving Alice in Wonderland from their pier.

I'll be making my first trip to Curacao in April. So I'm curious what others recommend.

My research suggests it's worth driving to Westpunt, boat diving with Go West (Watamula trips daily except Wed & Sat), then shore diving Alice in Wonderland from their pier.
According to the schedule on their website, Watmula in Thursday morning and Monday afternoon. Have they changed it somewhere else that I’m not seeing?

Not sure what condition Watamula is in currently but it was the highlight of our ’22 trip.

Erik

According to the schedule on their website, Watmula in Thursday morning and Monday afternoon. Have they changed it somewhere else that I’m not seeing?

Not sure what condition Watamula is in currently but it was the highlight of our ’22 trip.

Erik
When I exchanged emails with them in November, they told me they have a 2-tank dive to Watamula on Thursday mornings and a 1-tank every afternoon except Wed & Sat, min 6 people. Take that for what it's worth.

We have stayed in Coral Estates 4 times, 3 -4 weeks each time, also once Cas Abao. Preferred Coral Estates. Cas Abou required a vehicle back and forth. Coral Estates - depending how close you are to to the dive shop and 3 restaurants - may be a walk or a vehicle. We always rented a small car or truck to go to town for groceries and to visit other dive shops and sites.
The reef is super easy to get into. Navigation is also very easy. If you could do a Google Earth view, and walked out onto the peninsula, looked right and into the water, you will see a two large round rocks (concrete) there is a large rope that is connected to one of them. It sits on the sand and goes out over the reef (the sand/coral edge is at 20 feet) and down to the next level of sand at about 120 feet. Super easy to see when you return from your dive to see your exit. Any questions, please ask.

Coral Estates is part of a group of dive shops. I have never seen a small boat there to take people out for diving. Once there was a large boat there - perhaps 40 divers on it, part of a tour somehow.

Planning a trip to Curacao in the spring - first for us.

I know it is blasphemy to some here, but even in our many trips to Bonaire we also do at least 10 boat dives for the same reason. :)

Now, with Curacao I am really struggling to confirm which dive ops run daily boats. ....
Any other ops I should look into?
Dive Charter Curacao does RIB boat diving out of the east and west ends. Great op! Andy and KK are awesome and they take you to the best spots. You will meet the RIB at the beach or marina. Highly recommend! Small boat, max 8 divers, and good company!

Dive Charter Curacao runs 2-tank boat dives to either eastpoint or westpoint sites every day but Sundays and Wednesdays. You should check the calendar at www.divechartercuracao.com/calendar. We do guided dives off a 25ft RIB on the far ends of the island that are only boat diving sites.
Saw this after I posted about you guys....YES!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom