Proof of medical insurance to travel to Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

splash8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are SO excited to visit Curacao for the first time! We fly out tomorrow & are staying at AllWest...we've been to Bonaire numerous times but never Curacao! Also this will be our first time with our kids who are newly certified. We plan to do lots of easy shore dives!

I saw that Curacao requires medical traveler's insurance. Our regular health insurance covers our medical when we travel internationally and I printed the page that states that. Will that suffice? Thanks to the poster that shared filling out e-immagration ahead of time too!

Would love to know if there are any must-do land activities for almost 13 & 15 yr olds! They are interested in beginning surfing too...though I'd rather spend most of our water time on scuba! Any tips welcome! Thank you!

Haven't been asked to show coverage in 4 trips (I {Family] do have regular health insurance, and DAN), the most recent being 12/2023...

As to activities, if you are into it, the SUP is a nice trip. We also did a buggy/ATV tour and enjoyed it. But yeah, the diving thing has been the priority.... thankfully, the daughter had increased her desire to dive as we returned each time...

Was there last August. Don’t recall being required or asked. Certainly never showed any proof.

Vacationed there a month ago and was never asked about insurance. Per the above post, definitely have diving insurance.

BTW, if you plan a day trip to Willemstad, shoot for Thursday. They do a fireworks display down by the church on the Otrobanda side. Good eateries there as well. My understanding is, they do the fireworks every Thursday.

Vacationed there a month ago and was never asked about insurance. Per the above post, definitely have diving insurance.
We have DAN for the family…you were both correct, no one asked for proof!

BTW, if you plan a day trip to Willemstad, shoot for Thursday. They do a fireworks display down by the church on the Otrobanda side. Good eateries there as well. My understanding is, they do the fireworks every Thursday.
That sounds fun…thanks for sharing! 🤩

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom