SHE LIKES IT ! / Wife finally certified !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PePaw

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This past weekend my wife completed her OW Certification.:D Her first dive was in the Comal River but those plans were quickly changed due to extremely bad vis. 1-2' (maybe) So the diving was quickly changed to Lake Travis. Vis i'd estimate at 12-15'.
She did great on all her skills and really enjoyed herself. I couldn't have hoped for a better result. And my daughter and I keep telling her "just wait untill you get in the ocean" !
She is going to become a very good diver. And she already kicks my butt on air usage by 500 per tank.
I'm so proud of her overcoming her initial anxiety and coming out the other side a Certified Diver.
I'm looking forward to many fun filled years as a diving couple and a 3 diver family !

Good news!
Please tell her "Welcome Aboard!" from us all.
Rick

Good for her. Better for you. I have been diving with my daughter and steel trying to get my wife into it. But 10 to 12 vis, That sucks. 25 or 30 sucks need 50 or more or I'm not a happy camper. I say she did grate.

congratulations and tell her welcome to the swamp.

I start my girlfriend in class next week....so i'm hoping she takes it the same.....

Wife + Diving = More Diving 4 U!

Watch out, you may not know what you have created. Ask my husband about the Chinese proverb that says, "Be careful what you wish for . . . " :)

You lucky duck! I WISH my wife loved diving. Or, even liked it. Heck, I'd settle for her to just not noticing when I'm off diving.

good for you! i'm happy for you! my husband was happy that i was interested in getting certified (at the same time as he). i always swam as a kid in the neighborhood pool and was fine in the water, fine in the deep end, etc. etc. but, still in our certification class i was stepping out of my comfort zone much more that the other 3 people in our class. i was just nervous about having all that heavy stuff on, and having to pass off all those skills , etc. but i did fine. and now my husband calls me obsessed!! it is great to have something like that we can do together now that our kids are grown up and we're still in our forties (well, husband turns 50 later this month actually). we just took up diving 3 yrs ago. we know alot of couples where one or the other has "water issues" and wouldn't be comfortable diving, etc. so, you're lucky!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom