Shearwater Announces Petrel Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB News Feed

News You Can Use
Reaction score
133964-petrel-front-1-2-big.png.html

Last evening at Divetech, Tek week 2012 in Grand Cayman, Shearwater Research Inc. introduced our new rugged OC/CC trimix, full decompression dive computer. After over a year of development, the Petrel now offers customers all the functionality, features and reliability of the Predator but in a smaller size.
We have achieved a 42% reduction in size by volume and a 36% weight reduction while retaining a large 2.4

More...

I like it. Smaller size, running on any AA type battery. With color display I wonder how long the typical alkaline battery lasts?

I've seen plenty of Predators, a picture on someone's wrist would really help.

324471.png

There goes another pay check.....thanks guys!

Looks impressive, but still more expensive than HW OSTC 2N and less features.

We always try to provide the best feature set for our customers. Could you please tell me what features we are missing?

Bruce

Looks impressive, but still more expensive than HW OSTC 2N and less features.
More features does not equal better.

In my experience Shearwater has been very good about making firmware updates to include features that divers want - provided they don't move the Predator away from it's basic design philosophy.

Yes, correct, more features does not necessarily mean better. However, in this case it does. We have both Predator and OSTC. The OSTC is cheaper by hundreds of dollars and has more features and has updates almost monthly. I far prefer it compared to the Predator. Requested features are added very regularly.

This is not to say that the Predator is not a good computer, it is, just not as configurable and with less bang for your buck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom