Shearwater Cloud or MacDive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater honestly should get out of the software business or develop a worthwhile and feature rich application. MacDive is excellent for Mac users, although the author has been mysteriously quiet for nearly a year…

It depends what you want to do with the dive data. If it’s just for reference and storage the shearwater cloud is a good tool and works well on smaller screens like a phone. If however you want to manipulate the dive data, add bits of information, location data, gear info etc, then I would say MacDive is a better tool.

Personally I use both, but as one of the replies said, MacDive May require two app purchases, depending on your platform(s).

HTH

I like Shearwater Cloud.

Simple, works across all my Apple devices (multiple desktops, iPad, iPhone). Syncs easily with my multiple Shearwater computers. Simple interface.

Good enough for me and does all I want.

It's had some issues in the past but they've fixed most of those issues. Syncing seems OK.

For planning I use MultiDeco. Works well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom