Shearwater Perdix center row layout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zi55ou

Registered
Reaction score
What do people usually do with the center row of your perdix or Petrel? I just got my perdix ai and am wondering what to do with the center row. I'll be using it in oc tec mode. My current thinking is:

Left: tank pressure
Middle: ppo2 (as I'll only be diving with 2 gases and should only be coming close to ppo2 limits at my gas switch, I wondering if disabling the middle spot to keep the clutter somewhat down)
Right: @+5min seems like a good data point for monitoring.

I'm coming from diving 2 ostc computers to now an ostc plus as my secondary and the perdix as my main comp. I like the ostc as it shows seconds on dive time.

Usually dive down to around 50m with accelerated deco (twin 12l and 7l stage with 50-80%).

During the dive a blue line underlines the word"TIME". As it scrolls across each letter is 15 seconds.

I have two petrels and have actual time of day and average depth on one and mini compass and @5 on the other. If I could only have two of those features I would pick actual time of day and average depth. Average depth for my own mental calculations during the day and actual time of day is something I find myself using constantly during shore and cave dives (less off a boat).

During the dive a blue line underlines the word"TIME". As it scrolls across each letter is 15 seconds.

Yeah was aware of the bar across time but for some reason I find seeing the seconds tick by on my OSTC somehow reassuring

actual time of day is something I find myself using constantly during shore and cave dives (less off a boat).

I absolutely know that feeling if I'm not wearing a watch I feel naked, knowing the time of day at all times is essential for me. I usually have my watch on right up until the drysuit goes on and try to have it within reach.

Funny aside, I had a few surgeries a few years ago and when coming back around after the aesthetic would get very distressed if I didn't know the time, I had told them that this was likely to happen (from getting my appendix out years earlier) they didn't really take me seriously and ignored it. When I came around I got very agitated so much so they had to medicate me to calm me down. The next time my watch was on my wrist and they had turned my bed to face the clock on the wall. I just really need to know when I am, not so bothered about the where and the why just the when.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom