Question Shearwater Petrel 2 ext available in a shop in NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario R.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everybody,

does anyone knows if there is a dive equipment shop in North Carolina having a Petrel 2 Ext available?

best regards
Mario

NC is a large state. Where are you? When do you need the unit? Look up Scuba John's (Lexington, South Carolina) or Open Water Adventures (Charlotte, North Carolina). You can probably get the unit delivered to a NC address from Dive Gear Express or other large e-tailers.

Hi everybody,

does anyone knows if there is a dive equipment shop in North Carolina having a Petrel 2 Ext available?

best regards
Mario

Just buy from dive gear express

Probably not something shop would stock, just too small of a market. Any kind of specialized CC stuff usually have to get online.

As rddvet suggesting just buy it online. probably cheaper than a shop too, no sales tax.

Thank you guys,

i will be in Charlotte next week for the business. I know that there are not many shops having something like this on the shelf, but I want to try. Over here in Europe they seems to have a problem with getting the Petrel, I have ordered one more than a month ago and my dealer can‘t even tell me when it will be delivered.

Thank you guys,

i will be in Charlotte next week for the business. I know that there are not many shops having something like this on the shelf, but I want to try. Over here in Europe they seems to have a problem with getting the Petrel, I have ordered one more than a month ago and my dealer can‘t even tell me when it will be delivered.

Yup the entire world is having trouble getting everything. Petrel come from BC, Canada, internals come from Asia so logistics to the EU is a nightmare. And a Petrel with fisher is probably very low on Shearwaters priority list when there main market is Teric's and Perdix's plus now that the 4 pin is gaining popularity and lightyears better then the Fischer I'm sure there is big push to phase out the Fischer. Not to say they will stop it but guessing it will be a special order type thing

Also just checked Narked @ 90 and they have EXT model in stock. I dont know how much you get screwed over the the postage to the EU from the UK with the Brexit thing but its an option to get it in the EU.

Also like like Dive Avenue in France for online orders, and looks like they have it in stock as well.

Lastly Gidivestore in Spain I order from alot but usually you need to call to check on there stock sometime they list things on there website that are not actually in stock

Thank you guys,

Hi Mario,

I am in Charlotte. Scuba John's is closed Tue-Wed, but I will ping the shop on Thu to see if they have it or if they can order it. I will also reach out to Open Water Adventures to see what's up there.

You can also try ordering from a shop on the East Coast for a timely delivery:

- Cave Adventures (FL)

- North East Scuba Supply

- Extreme Exposure (FL)

Essentially, if you can buy the unit in any shop in FL around Cave Country, you'll have it in Charlotte within 2 day tops. Ping me privately if you want to order and I can help you out.

Charlotte is not known for specialty diving. Not sure if you can find one in stock to try it out.

Cheers~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom