Sheridan Night Dive, Sat. May 20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boldido

Registered
Reaction score
We're looking for a couple of Nitrox certified divers, preferably advanced certified for a two tank dive on the Sheridan this Sat. We're planning on leaving Dunedin on Sat, May 20 at 4:00 p.m. The first dive will be a daylight dive and if everything goes right, our surface interval will be over right around sunset so we can head back down for a night dive.

I was just out to the Sheridan last Saturday and it was fantastic. We saw several grouper, lots of cudas, a few spade fish, a queen angel and a pretty decent sized reef shark. This was late afternoon, so I really want to see what's out and about after the sun goes down.

If you are interested please call Leon at (813) 832-6669.

Unfortunately algae, lots and lots of algae. Not much was hanging around yesterday. First guy in the water saw a couple of decent sized reef sharks near the bow. Several large cuda handing around and several queen angels playing at the bow. This was our first dive which was just before dusk.

The second dive, which was the night dive revealed nothing but a solitary grouper. As night dives go, it was a little disappointing. One of the reasons was that the current kicked up a little bit and put a bunch of crap in the water.

Viz was about 50 to 60 feet for the first dive, second dive was to the end of my light.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom