Sherwood Genesis 1000 tank, DIN to YOKE conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dytis-sm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a 100cf Sherwood tank with a DIN valve and would like to use it with my YOKE 1st stage. I looked into getting an adaptor but I not see anything available aside converting my first stage from YOKE to DIN. I looked at getting a PRO Valve but the treading seems incompatible (the diameter of the valve is larger than my tank's). There are numerous YOKE to DIN adapters but cannot find anything for the reverse when it comes to tank valves. I find it odd but I may not understand something about DIN valves…

Any recommendations?

if it is one of the older PST's or Asahi's rated to 3500psi, they don't exist because they are illegal. The yoke valve is only rated to 3500psi due to o-ring extrusion. The new "high pressure" tanks are rated to 3442 to get around this law with the DoT and allow the use of both yoke and DIN valves. sorry....

Thank you for info. With your information I was able to narrow down the info on 3500 psi tanks. They are not illegal by pressure rating, shops will fill them to the 3442 psi rating which makes them legal to transport regardless of pressure rating. But apprantely there is a limitation on the valves that came with them which makes them only usable as DINs.

On well, got to use them with a DIN regulator.

the illegal bit is if you had a yoke valve on that tank, not the tank itself. I own quite a few of the 3500psi tanks, they're brilliant, and the shops should fill them up to the 3500psi they are rated for, but yes, 300bar din valve required

the illegal bit is if you had a yoke valve on that tank, not the tank itself. I own quite a few of the 3500psi tanks, they're brilliant, and the shops should fill them up to the 3500psi they are rated for, but yes, 300bar din valve required

Thank you for the clarification...DIN they stay so I may end up selling them. If I cannot get a pro valve they are not too flexible

Why not convert your reg to DIN? Many people do that, use DIN with their cylinders and then get a DIN-to-Yoke adaptor when diving cylinders with yoke valves. Or just convert it back.

Why not convert your reg to DIN? Many people do that, use DIN with their cylinders and then get a DIN-to-Yoke adaptor when diving cylinders with yoke valves. Or just convert it back.

It is a thought... All the tanks I dive except this, have PRO Valves so that is a possibility. Thank you for encouraging the idea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom