Sherwood Magnum II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pixelator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Same as my Dacor thread. Got these as complete systems from a local University. Not sure about the reliability or anything with older Sherwood stuff. Comments or suggestions appreciated.

S1 (3).jpg
S2 (2).jpg

There are not really vintage regs. I think the Magnum IIs were sold from the early to mid 90s. Sherwoods have a reputation of being bullet proof but not the best breathers. The parts are cheap as both the seats are simple pucks. You can get the parts kits from Northeast Scuba Supply or from eBay for under $15 for both stages.

If the gauges are good then I would get a new boot and dive the set.

I'm diving older Sherwood's than that, a Magnum from '80 and a 4000 from the early '70's. Find a good tech to tune them and they will breathe pretty good, of course I started diving when getting air was your main concern, so I'm not as pickey as some. Mine breathe pretty much the same as the Blizzard I have from 2000 something. All of them are as reliable as a rock.

Bob
-------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Still using a Magnum from the early 90's as well and it works just fine.

After a bit more thinking, I would wager that these are from the University's Scientific Diver program. If it was, then there is a mandatory service every year it is in use, and was probably just set aside when they received a grant for new equipment. I'd take it out for a test spin and see how it dives, however I must advise you that I have been called crazy on more than one occasion.

Bob
-----------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Back
Top Bottom