Sherwood regulator info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A.S.H.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
Anyone know the Sherwood name of the regulator that looked almost like a poseidon..

Thanks

Sherwood Ultima. Sherwood first stage (with external IP adjustment) and Poseidon Jetstream second.
Hello ..Did Sherwood have 2 first stages they used with the Poseidon type 2nd stage ?? I had 1 I used for years ..It was bigger than the standard Sherwood 1st stage ..Had a weird Piston and a dedicated primary 2nd stage port ... worked great ..however I wore it out needed an impossible to find piston ..now I'm looking for a first stage to replace it ..Someone told me it was called the SRB 3800 ..Thank for any Help You can Give .. Don

As far as I know it was only made with the SRB 3800. However, if you are just wanting to get another first, the spec for IP is 140 psi plus or minus 10 psi. Any first in that range will work, Sherwoods included.

Manual attached.

Attachments

• SRB3800.pdf
    717.8 KB · Views: 42
As far as I know it was only made with the SRB 3800. However, if you are just wanting to get another first, the spec for IP is 140 psi plus or minus 10 psi. Any first in that range will work, Sherwoods included.

Manual attached.
Thanks for the reply and the Manual ..That's the one I Had ..quite rare I'm finding now ... I have a pretty new MK20 scubapro I can use .... Gonna try to find a Sherwood one thou..There are plenty on line for sale ... Thanks Again ..Don ..

Manual attached.
Hello and thanks for the reply ... Found a spec. in the Manual you posted of 65 cubic ft/min at 1atm for the srb3800 where as the 3200 series first stage flows 28-29 (according to the specs.) I never really paid attention to this when I chose the srb3800 to go with my Mares first stage ..Just wanted a 1st stage that didn't blow H.P. seats all the time..The 3800 did have a dedicated port for the second stage and was "made" for the Posiden thing ... I just wonder using the 3200 series will I notice any difference 29 cubic ft/min is still a lot ..Drain a tank in 2 minutes ... How much do you need ? This sure could get complicated ..Has to do with Volume and how much you need etc etc ...Best thing is to just try it ..Got this old srb3200 to work fine ..did a couple of sketchy thing and am surprised it works ...even the dry bleed is working .. I never really thought of these things when I was working on them ...Just did the repairs and service ...

I just wonder using the 3200 series will I notice any difference 29 cubic ft/min is still a lot

That is the maximum flow rate, not what you use normally, it would only come into play very deep. Since it is a demand regulator, it only gives you what you use.

That is the maximum flow rate, not what you use normally, it would only come into play very deep. Since it is a demand regulator, it only gives you what you use.
Hi Bob .. Thanks .I understand that ...just messing around "thinking?" to much .. Guess the bottom line is if the rig gives me enough air at depth then it's "All Good" Thinking about volume rather than I.P. ...what determines a 1st stage that flows enough volume at pressure to the second stage ..like with the least I.P. drop when breathing ... just interesting to me ...moot really as long as what I have works and is dependable is all that matters ... sorry this is so long

Found a spec. in the Manual you posted of 65 cubic ft/min at 1atm for the srb3800 where as the 3200 series first stage flows 28-29 (according to the specs.) ... How much do you need ?
I don't think I have any tank valve that can empty 65CF in one minute, with NO first stage attached.
However Sherwood tested that first stage, it probably wasn't connected to any tank valve I know.
In other words, nothing wrong with the other one at 30 CFM.

Back
Top Bottom