Sherwood Scuba SR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldenwingk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
what are some of your thoughts on the new Sherwood Scuba SR1

im doing reaserach into finding a regulator and so far i've been looking into
Mares Abyss 22
Scubapro MK25 / G250V
Sherwood Scuba SR1
Dive Rite 3000

and plenty of other regs and im trying to find the best one!
im looking for one that works in all conditions and mostely in cold cold water, maybe even technical diving.

We were shopping for new regulators this past month. We narrowed our choices to the SR1 and SP G250V. The Sherwood shop offered the SR1 for much less than the SP and let us use it on the 3 day weekend, We purchased the SP G250V. There is no comparison. Independenly, my wife and I came to the same conclusion. We are professionals not affiliated with the dive industry. Do your research and learn the workings of regulators. You will face an inescapable conclusion.

I know one person who is really excited about the SR1 but significantly keeps comparing it to a Scubapro.

It is better than the Mk 25 if you need a sealed reg for cold water use, but I'll stick with a Mk 17 for cold water as the sealed ambient chamber design is simple, bullet proof and is much less likely to fail.

The SR1 second stage is compact, but I am not impressed with it as it is just another balanced second stage in terms of design.

My recommendation is to buy what you feel is the best for you. To many times on these boards you find people just telling you what they feel is good or what is performing better by numbers.

If you are looking at a cold water reg with the ability to use it for vacation diving, the SR1 is great. So are many other regs, but my experience say this reg is better.

GL in your decision making.

i've made my decision on a MK17 with a G250V
i live in calogary so i do cold water diving almost all the time

before i opened shop, i was talked into getting mk25/s600 and yes super great reg and i used to for everything from deep to 40 degree surface temp in february.

opened shop and tried out the new SR1 reg from Sherwood and it is : small, compact size reg, making it super comfortable. Reg is super super smooth. I have put it thru the same thing as the other testing it and have been more than pleased with it.

I have since sold my s600 setup and went to the SR1 and have loved it more than i did my mk25/s600 setup.

Love it!! I have quite a few reg's (conshelf's XIV, Some US divers Dbl. hose's, Scubapro MK5 , Aqualung Legend, Apeks Black Pearl ( ATX200) and I think by far my SR1 beats the last 2 hands down. I really love my SR1 I have allways been an US Divers/ Aqualung freak but after using the SR1 it's a nite and day difference. I hope Sherwood comes out with the breakdown of this reg soon, it looks prettyt close to the Atomics. I would go to a shop that carries all the major brands and ask for a test dive. Granted it's not gonna be a deep dive but you can see how you like them.
Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom